ZOOZ does not support partial voiding of credit card payments.
In some business scenarios, the amount that needs to be captured is different from the amount that was initially authorized for a particular payment. For example:
- Customer selects two items: Item A and Item B
- The merchant sends ZOOZ authorization request for the amount of Item A + Item B
- Merchant checks inventory and sees only Item A is in stock
The best practice for the described scenario is as follows:
- Authorize full amount of order for Items A and B
- Check to see which items are in stock
- Commit items that are in stock and ready to be delivered
The remaining amount of Item B, if not committed, will expire on its own like any other authorization which is not committed. The amount of time it takes for an authorization to expire varies between issuing institutions.